On this page you will find a selection of recipes that use all sorts of common leftovers and standard kitchen ingredients to create new delicious dishes. From quick pizzas using bread and veg to a hearty minestrone soup – so before you go shopping, check these recipes to see if there’s anything you could make up out of what you’re already got!
– Moroccan style chicken stew
– Hey presto pizza
– Spring vegetable risotto
– Roast lamb salad on a potato cake
– Sausage risotto
– Stripey multi-fruit smoothie
– Spanish potato tortilla
– Speedy stir fry
– Stir fried seafood with noodles
– Twice potatoes
– Vegetable lasagne
– Anything goes quesadilla
– Baked citrus pears and apples
– Fruity bakewell tart
– Big spaghetti bolognese sauce
– Vegetable bolognese sauce
– Easy cheesy pasta bake
– Jamaican vegetables, beans and rice
Make 28 Taste Great – competition winners!
The recipe cards below are the winners in the Merseyside and Halton ‘Make 28 Taste Great’ recipe competition, which was launched in response to the fact that 28% of waste in Merseyside and Halton is food waste. It looked to residents across the region for smart ways to use leftovers and ingredients to create healthy meals with a regional flavour.
– Whatever you make it! sauce – Anne Griffiths
– Christmas Leftovers Soup – David Jame Merrill
– Fab Four Bruschetta Boats – Denise Cullen
– Creme Fields Soup – Devon Crowley
– Peawack & Chicken Pasta – Georgia Barnabas
– Mersey Forest Bread and Butter Pudding – Jordon Huyton
– Leftover Chicken Jambalaya – Jude Samson
– Superlambanana Shake – Vikki Chapman
Take a look at our Make 28 Taste Great competition winners video on YouTube.