Due to the Rock and Roll Marathon taking place this Sunday (25th May) Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority would like to make the public aware that there will be various traffic restrictions around Liverpool, including Otterspool Household Waste Recycling Centre at the junction of Jericho Lane and Riverside Drive.
Otterspool Recycling Centre will be open as normal between 8.00am and 8.00pm. However, please be aware that access to Jericho Lane from Aigburth Road will not be permitted.
Alternative routes to get to the Recycling Centre are available:
– Access from the south of Liverpool –
- ALTERNATIVE ROUTE – Aigburth Road, Ullet Road, Park Road, Harlow Street, Grafton Street, Park Street, Sefton Street, and Riverside Drive.
- ALTERNATIVE ROUTE – Aigburth Road, Ullet Road, Park Road, St James Place, Parliament Street, Sefton Street, and Riverside Drive.
– Access from Riverside Drive will be available for most of the day. However, the north / south route along the waterfront will be closed for up to 30 minutes during the start of each race at 8.00am and 9.00am. Unimpeded access via Riverside Drive will then be maintained throughout the event.
– Sefton Street / Riverside Drive – A lane closure will be in place by Navigation Wharf for the runners. 2-way traffic will still be maintained however.
– Upper Parliament Street will be closed between Park Road (St James Place) and Princes Road.
– 2-way traffic flow will be maintained at all times on Aigburth Road, albeit there is a nearside lane restriction on the outbound carriageway between Ashfield Road and Holmefield Road, for the runners.
Due to the nature of the race, the exact times that roads will be reopened is fluid. As the race progresses, and once cleansing operations are completed, roads will be reopened in sectors:
– Upper Parliament Street will reopen approximately 2.00-3.00pm.
– Ullet Road will reopen approximately 2.30-3.00pm
– Jericho Lane will reopen approximately 4.00-5.00pm.
Otterspool Recycling Centre will be open as normal between 8.00am and 8.00pm.