Our long embedded habit of making, using and then disposing of most of the things we buy is having a major impact on global warming which ultimately is leading to climate change. That’s why, this week, we are encouraging you to change the habits of a lifetime and ‘do just one thing differently’ and then keep it up so that we can reduce the impacts of climate change.
Below is a list of some of the things you can do differently this week:
• Recycle something you’ve never recycled before;
• Start composting your garden and kitchen waste;
• Change from disposable nappies to ‘real’ nappies;
• If it’s broken, get it repaired;
• Re-use something instead of buying new;
• Use leftover food to make another meal;
• Pass on old or unwanted clothes or household items;
• Make a shopping list before you buy or;
• Junk the junk mail by registering with the Mail Preference Service
Any one of the actions above is likely to save you money too. So do something different this week.